Appendix 6: Wrapping up
« previous entry | next entry »
Mar. 18th, 2007 | 05:44 pm
location: Parisien internet cafe
What ho, France followers! I've been in Nantes for the past three days, and lacking internet access, I actually had more to experience the wonder and mystery of France. So, to sum up:
- Galettes = crepes with fillings like bacon, mushrooms and cream, or ham, mushrooms and cream.
- The aforementioned galettes were my delicious dinner two nights in a row
- Then I followed that up with crepes filled with honey and lemon
- The French meal plan: Breakfast (brioche, pain sucree, toast, whatever, all covered with nutella) around 8-9 am. Lunch, anything you want that is not a sandwhich, anytime from 1-3 pm (everything closes for lunch, too!). Dinner, anywhere from 8-11 pm (a dinner party last night: 3 courses, spanning 3 hours, and dessert was served at 11:30!)
- Wine for $1. Better wine than you find for $10 in Canada.